Date: Friday 1 May 2020
Speaker: Tanya Dickinson
Business: Platinum PA
Topic: : Why use a VA over a PA?
In these ever-changing times when social distancing and remote working have become the norm, the advantages of VAs (Virtual Assistants = online) over PAs (Personal Assistants = physical) has become even more pronounced.
As a reminder, here are 3 key benefits a VA can offer your business:
1. PAYG (Pay as You Go)
- With cashflow and workflow proving more difficult to predict, a traditional PA represents a fixed cost and commitment for your business.
- By comparison, VAs work flexibly as & when you require their services.
- That means no recruitment, tax or National Insurance costs.
2. Social Distancing
- The notion of a physical office for all employees was already being challenged pre-COVID 19.
- In this ‘new world’, being able to work remotely and at a distance has become mandatory
- VAs are accustomed to managing dynamic workflows and working from their own premises
3. Outsource & upskill
- VAs usually have their own unique set of skills, aside from the usual word processing, spreadsheeting and presentation competencies; e.g. invoicing, expenses and purchase ledger management
- Also, VAs are usually great networkers with an extensive book of contacts, so if there is a particular job you need, a VA should probably be your first port of call!
Having worked as a PA across a wide range of industries (financial, retail, pharmaceutical) I understand what businesspeople need and how to deliver it effectively.
There isn’t a one size fits all – everybody’s requirements and ways of working are different, which is where a VA such as myself fit in nicely!